Aloha Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Serving up a delicious combination of sweet and savory, this luau-worthy sandwich is a real crowd pleaser.
Ingredients Pulled Pork:4 pounds Boston butt roast (bone-in or out)Hawaiian chili pepper havarti cheese, sliced1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt2 peeled garlic cloves (optional)Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce:3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice1/2 cup vegetable oil1/4 cup molasses1 teaspoon soy sauce1 teaspoon ground ginger2 peeled garlic cloves (optional)Aloha Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese (per serving):2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Breadpulled pork* — one portion from Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker recipe, tossed in 1/4 cup prepared Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce* from recipe4 ounces Hawaiian chili pepper havarti cheese, sliced1 grilled pineapple ring2 tablespoon butter at room temperature* filling should be warm for sandwich build
1. Combine roast, sea salt, garlic cloves, and cheese in slow cooker.
2. Cook one hour on high and then 8 hours on low.
3. Shred with two forks into 8 portions. Filling should be warm for sandwich build.
1. Mix pineapple juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, molasses, ginger, and garlic ingredients well and heat. Sauce should be warm for sandwich build.
1. Butter one side of a fresh slice of bread and lay it, butter side down, in a well preheated (medium-low heat) nonstick skillet.
2. Top with one or two slices of the spicy havarti cheese. Pile pulled pork evenly on top of the cheese, gently press the pork into the cheese.
3. Place the pineapple slice(s) on top of the pork, and top another slice or two of cheese, if desired. Top with remaining slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
4. When the bottom bread slice reaches the desired browned color, gently but firmly press down on the top of the sandwich with your spatula, and then flip it over, being careful not to allow the pork shreds to fall out. Cook until the other side has reached the desired color and the interior is hot throughout. Repeat for additional servings.